Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 10 EOC: What are the benefits vs the features?

Benefits are something that I take into consideration alot more than features. Features are just a selling point to me and I can be a selfish person at times so I want to know about the thing that will benefit me.
"Consider the sale of sport-utility vehicles (SUVs). These large vehicles meet the immediate needs of many drivers in terms of capacity, power, and utility. However, SUV sales involve larger questions of consumer safety and environmental responsibility. For example, in accidents, SUVs are more likely to kill both their own occupants and the occupants of other vehicles. Research shows that SUV occupants are three times more likely to die from their vehicle rolling than are occupants of sedans. Moreover, gas-guzzling SUVs use more than their fair share of the world’s energy and other resources and contribute disproportionately to pollution and congestion problems, creating costs that must be borne by both current and future generations."
The example from the book gave would be what I consider to be a benefit. It would benefit me more to have an SUV over a car if I had a big family or as the book described needed a more powerful vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment