Wednesday, October 5, 2011

EOC: My Voice

Hi my name is LaJuan Hughes and I am an Audio professional in the audio industry. Since the age of 10 I’ve always been fascinated with live sounds at concerts, with audio mixers, and digital audio. I am also a fan of all music genres and respect music because it is so diverse and can change people’s lives in some cases. John Lennon once said that “Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.” I started messing with mixers at my church at the age of 15. I was really intrigued how you could control so many microphones and instruments with various different sliders. The church sound technician really took notice as to how I really had a passion for learning and experiencing sound, mixers, and setup techniques so he decided to start teaching me what he knew and I became his student. From the age of 16 to 17, I watched and learned from him for over a year and became very comfortable handling mixers. In the beginning of 2010 are sound technician left for another job and my name was called to be the new technician. This was a great opportunity for me and I was very excited because not only did I know I could handle the job, but it was a fulfilled dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment